Founded in 2002 by Madeleine and Stephen Taylor and Jacqueline Beardsley. The school has since provided a nurturing and inspiring learning environment where respect, patience, self-discipline, tolerance and a joy for learning are given high priority; at our school we have lots of fun without jeopardising academic success. As an independent, co-educational, preparatory school and nursery we cater for children rising 3 to 11 years situated in the beautiful village of Beckington, Somerset near Frome on the Wiltshire, Bath border.
There can be few more important tasks for a parent than choosing the right school for their child.
Our belief is that at school, children should not only become numerate and literate, but also develop a hunger for knowledge and a thirst for learning whether this is in academic areas, sports or arts. Children need to be guided to become self-learners, to think wisely, be confident, balanced and compassionate, while developing their own particular talents and abilities to the full. Such ideals are best achieved in an environment that is stable, secure and safe, but at the same time one that is exciting, rich, stimulating, rewarding and fun.
At Springmead School we have a firm commitment to our principles, achieved by:
- Seeing each child as an individual with unique needs and possibilities
- Ensuring children are taught in small classes
- Using the best of traditional and modern teaching practices both in and beyond the classroom
- Working towards and beyond national age-related expectations in literacy and maths, but at the same time maintaining a very strong commitment to a fulfilling curricular experience across all subjects
- Providing a rich variety of academic, artistic, sporting and social enrichment experiences through an extensive extra-curricular programme, allowing children to find and nurture their talents
- Explicitly teaching children how to become effective, resilient, reflective and resourceful self-learners
- Implicitly and explicitly teaching sound human values
- Providing dedicated, professional and caring staff
- Forging strong partnerships between home and school
- Providing an inspirational, happy and supportive environment.
We are confident in our ability to be entrusted with the life, education, possibilities and future of each prospective pupil. Children leave in Year 6 to go on to the best local independent and state schools. Importantly our pupils are fulfilled, have a strong sense of self-worth and have begun to develop a life-long love of learning in their time at Springmead.
We warmly invite you to visit us at the school where one of us will meet with you personally. The tour and interview will last approximately one hour. Whilst this website will give you a flavour of Springmead School there is no substitute for a visit. Our administrator will be happy to organise an appointment at your convenience.